IntroductionMindray and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Mindray”) lay great importance on your privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of existing or prospective consumers that is collected or used by Mindray. Mindray appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services by visiting our websites, www.mindray.com or related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels and blogs (together “Mindray Pages”). This Privacy Notice applies to all the personal data Mindray collects when you interact with Mindray, such as when you visit our websites, when you use the products or services offered by Mindray, when you purchase products of Mindray, when you subscribe to newsletters and when you contact customer support, etc.
This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data. However, some Mindray Pages collections work with special categories of data (for example, medical data), which require a somewhat different privacy notice. Whenever and wherever that is the case, Mindray will make it clear that the privacy notice concerned is different from this general Privacy Notice.
Why we ask you to share your Personal DataWe ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Buying Mindray products online;
- Activating or registering certain products or enhancing functionality;
- Receiving information about Mindray products and services;
- Participating in Mindray online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs;
Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from Mindray;
- Helping us to develop products and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimise customer services and continuously improve our websites;
- Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing Mindray to keep you informed of, or involve you in testing of, new products and services;
- Helping us better understand how you access and use our products and services, for the purposes of trying to improve our products and services and to respond to customer desires and preferences, including language and location customisation, personalised help and instructions, or other responses to your and other customers’ usage of our products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or product issues;
We generally process your personal data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other compatible purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Type of Personal Data we may collectWhen you interact with Mindray, for instance interacting with Mindray via our Mindray Pages (e.g. "like us on Facebook"), we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your social media profile;
- Your gender;
- Your age;
- Information about the products you've purchased;
- Your usage of and activities on our Mindray Pages;
- Your interests; and
- Other information related to your online behaviour.
Among the personal data we may collect, there might be some sensitive information, which refers to the information pertaining to genetic data, biometic data and data concerning health, etc. Mindray undertakes that we will only process sensitive personal data for the purposes and in the manner described in this Privacy Notice and we will not use your sensitive personal data for the purpose of serving advertisement to you. You consent to all processing of the sensitive personal data by Mindray for the purposes and in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on our Mindray Pages, certain personal data may be shared with Mindray about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted etc.).
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
- Your IP address;
- Your cookie ID;
- Your web browser;
- Your location;
- Device usage data;
- The web pages you visit on our websites;
Different ways we collect your Personal DataYou can share your personal data with Mindray in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering a purchase;
- Your communications with Mindray. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests you addressed to us;
- Communicating with one of our Mindray Customer Service representatives by email or phone or in writing;
- Ordering a product;
- Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
- Participating in a social media activity related to a Mindray promotion (for example clicking "like" or "share");
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- Subscribing to a Mindray newsletter;
- Sending us a completed reply card, included with your Mindray product;
- Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
- Social sign-on (using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials, for example, to create an account or log on);
- When using Mindray connected products and/or Apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with Mindray (e.g. share your usage data or your location data);
- Cookies or beacons placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
- Social Listening: Mindray may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
Mindray may also obtain your personal data if you are a customer of a Mindray partner. Personal data may also reach us when we purchase another company of which you are a customer. If you do not want Mindray to use your personal data that has not been provided by you, you may let us know at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sharing your Personal Data with othersWe may share your personal data with our affiliates and subsidiaries within the Mindray Group for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with this Privacy Notice and all applicable laws.
For example, Mindray may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (Business Partner). In addition, Mindray may also share your personal data with third parties to allow them to send you marketing communications, as permitted under applicable law and in accordance with your communication preferences. We will let you know where such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts. If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
The agreements with these Business Partners will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded.
Mindray will disclose personal data only in conformance with this Privacy Notice and/or when required by law.
From time to time, Mindray may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company. We may also share your personal data to another company in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Your rightsSubject to the GDPR and other applicable laws and regulations, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data we hold: access, rectification, erasure, restriction on processing, objection to processing, withdrawal of consent, and portability. You can contact Mindray at email@example.com. You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity when necessary and we will comply with any the GDPR and other applicable laws and regulations.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
If you believe that Mindray is not processing your personal data in accordance with the requirements set out herein or the GDPR, you can at any time lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of the EEA country in which you live or with the data protection authority of the country or state in which Mindray has its registered seat.
Your choicesWe want to know you better so we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
If you do not want us to send you personalised offers or information, you can let us know by checking the appropriate box on the registration form or reply card, or by selecting "opt-out" on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to "opt-in" or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to "opt-in" before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
Because Mindray sells thousands of products in hundreds of countries, you may have previously provided us with your personal data through reply cards, via our call centres or in some other manner. Your decision not to register now will not affect the personal data you have already provided to Mindray. Of course, you will always have the option to unsubscribe from any targeted communication from Mindray, change your personal profile information and make requests to us to delete your personal data.
Do Not Track SignalsMindray takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. Mindray utilises cookies to help you to get the most out of the Mindray Pages.
Please be aware that Mindray currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser's 'Do Not Track' signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
On the Mindray pages, Flash cookies are also used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting the Adobe website.Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Social MediaWhen you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the Mindray pages), certain personal data may be shared with Mindray about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
Mindray does not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
CloudMindray may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of Mindray by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. Mindray makes use of organisational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar, but in no way less restrictive, requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
How we protect your Personal DataWe recognise and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to Mindray from loss, misuse or unauthorised access. Mindray uses a variety of technical and organisational measures and procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls, secure servers and we anonymize, pseudonymise or encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data. Furthermore, Mindray will regularly test, assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
Retention Period of Personal DataWe will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless the further retention of the personal data is necessary, for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, on the grounds of public interest in the area of public health, for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Data Breach NotificationAs there is always risk in Internet environment, Mindray commits to restoring the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident. Furthermore, Mindray will notify the personal data breach to the supervisory authority without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than 72 hours after having become aware of the data breach, unless Mindray is able to demonstrate, in accordance with the accountability principle, that the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. Mindray should communicate to the data subject a personal data breach, without undue delay, where that personal data breach is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of the natural person in order to allow him or her to take the necessary precautions.
Special information for parentsWhile Mindray websites are not generally targeted at children under the age of 16, it is Mindray's policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children's information is collected, used or disclosed.
Mindray strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
International Transfer of DataMindray is a China-headquartered, global company. As such, we may transfer your personal data to its parent company, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., or to any Mindray group company worldwide when processing that information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may also transfer your personal data to our third party service providers, who may be located in a different country to you.
Whenever Mindray shares personal data originating in the European Economic Area (EEA) with a Mindray entity outside the EEA, it will do so on the basis of EU standard contractual clauses or any other safeguards provided by GDPR, such as Mindray’s future binding corporate rules to be approved by the supervisory authority.
Mobile Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, certain products may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
- If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. Mindray does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
- Some mobile applications will utilise Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve our customers through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to Mindray. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook & Twitter) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. Mindray does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
How We Use Collected Mobile Information
- We use the information to personalise your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
- Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. For example, if you authorize a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information sharing
Mindray does not share any collected information with any third parties with the following exceptions:
- Mindray may provide some personal data to third-party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
- All requests are sent through your mobile carrier’s network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier’s privacy policies for additional information.
- Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a Mindray mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer’s privacy policies for additional information.
Changes to this Privacy NoticeThe services that Mindray provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that Mindray provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new Privacy Notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the Mindray pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you will be construed as having agreed to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
How to contact usContact us at email@example.com. Please note that this email address is strictly for privacy related queries.
General customer service questions will not be answered if sent to this email address.